Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lego Chest

Have you ever had a moment when you discover something from your childhood that lights up your imagination and take's you back to being a kid? If you've ever had a moment similar to this you could probably understand my excitement when my dad discovered my old Lego chest in the ceiling. I felt like a pirate who had just found the treasure he had been tirelessly searching for all his life. I began rummaging through the chest discovering things I had built 10 years back, it was like searching through a visual history of my imagination. I tried to capture that sense of amazement in this illustration which gave me the opportunity to play with light and how it affects mood. I'm happy to say I spent the rest of the weekend playing with my Lego. 

No comments: